Monday, January 18, 2016

Current Week

So, last Sunday my companion and I was a little sad, it was a rougher week since we both left the area for a day and at the end of the week we were short of our goal of 2 Other lesson, and 1 Less active member
lesson. We had 30 minutes left of Sunday night, and we wanted to see a miracle. We prayed and then looked through our records. A members name stood out to me. She is inactive and when I met her last, she told us it wasn't a good time and to come back next week. I felt weird about it, because I wanted to focus on investigator lessons, not member lessons, but we felt impressed to try her anyway. We got to her home
and she was outside! We started talking to her when... Her non-member husband walked out! And he has been having a lot of questions about the church because he has "heard" a lot! We were able to teach BOTH OF THEM the restoration right there! And he was very interested! We decided we would have the elders come back, but it was an amazing miracle! We got 2 more lessons and were only short 1! As we walked back to our car, we saw a man outside, we said hi and he immediately asked who we were. We explained who we were and our purpose and had ANOTHER lesson with him! Wow. We made all of our goals happen in that short 30 minutes! Amazing!

Then on Monday, as a zone pday we went to Adventure landing! It was so so much fun! They had mini golf, laser tag, and all kinds of arcade stuff! We had a lot of fun!






We had another miracle on Thursday! So we have been trying to find new investigators! We keep meeting with potentials and have lessons, but to have a new investigator, we need someone who will set a return
appointment with us! So we found a street to knock and set a goal to have 2 other lessons and 1 new investigator! We started teaching a man named Jabari, and he was very interested! He was busy in the moment, so out of nowhere he asks us if we can come back next Thursday at 5:00. Wow! That was easy he set the appointment for us! Then, we talked to his next door neighbor and we were able to share the restoration with her as well! Her daughter just came home, so we had to leave but we asked her if we could come back on Thursday as well, and she accepted! Wow! When we had finished knocking that whole street
we had had 3 other lessons and 2 new investigators! This week has been a huge testimony builder for me, about setting goals and working towards them! I know that God will not let us fail! When we set a goal, whether it be physical, educational, spiritual, etc, and if we do our part to achieve it, God makes up for the rest and helps us even over achieve our goal! I am truly so grateful for my mission! I have learned and grown so so much! I have been able to look back at how much I have changed! Yesterday we had a regional broadcast, and met at the stake center. Which is the same stake I used to serve in back in April of last year! I got to see some of the old members I served with from St John's River! It was so great to see them all again, and I was surprised they remembered me, because I was only there for a transfer! But there was a few of them that mentioned how much I had changed and grown. It was very sweet to hear that. Now I don't share this to boast, but I share that because I know it is only through this gospel that I have been able to change. I have learned so much about Christ's atonement and I know that that is something that is available to every one of us!  I love you all! And hope you have a good week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment