Monday, November 24, 2014

Mission, Facebook and Technology!!

This has been a busy week! We are trying to get a facebook movement going along! I told Kendra about it but you all should do it! We are trying to make this event go world-wide!! It is super exciting! I don't know if you have seen it yet but it's the #thankfultobeamormon event. It's a one minute video and you
talk about your life and you commit 3 others to post the video as well! We are trying to make it go world wide again...so you should all do it.  But yeah facebook is super fun on missions! We can only use it one hour a day, and it can't be during prime proselyting time. We can only add immediate family from home, and I can't like or comment on anything on your wall, but you can on mine. It is actually way effective! We contact a lot of members and ask for online referrals. A big help facebook has been is to "flood the earth with testimonies" last time we did a Book of Mormon event and it ended up in the top 10 trend worldwide!!!!

Using iPads is so great! We have every resource you could imagine! Our area book is all on our iPad so we have all our members, investigators, all their addresses and contacts, and we update their progress on it as well! It's great, except our iPads crashed so....everything is lost! Hahahahahah it's been a fun trial.

And this is how someone spelled my name!
The weather right now is really windy and rainy, it's a tornado watch day! It's crazy I didn't know that was a thing! I definitely don't feel as safe not in Utah but I seriously do love it here! :)

We had a huge miracle, Shaun came to addiction recovery and he loved it! He was super against it but he is really trying! After class he asked for a priesthood blessing! One of the Elders gave him one and it was the
most powerful blessings I've ever heard! It answered a lot of his concerns and some of his questions of the soul! It was great!
Service

It was also Sister Paskos birthday! So here's what I did. Without her knowing I had the other sister help buy gifts for her. We secretly got them into the apartment and so on Sunday morning when sister Pasko was in the shower, I blew up balloons, put up streamers, covered her desk in chocolate kisses and wrote her a note. When she got out she was so shocked! She had no idea I had anything planned for her! Now before we sat down for studies she pulled out her chair and I had a necklace for her! She was so excited! Plus our Ward here loves us so we have plenty of food and desserts from everyone! We are also going out with
a family tonight for dinner! :)

We are super excited to move! We move this Wednesday! I will send you the new address next week! For now just use the mission home address if you have anything! I am absolutely loving my mission! I can't wait
to skype all of you next month! :) I love that Kendra is home and having so much fun! Also that is awesome about Jordan and Brandon! That's seems like a great experience! If any of the family asks I can
only add my immediate family on facebook!

                                                             I love you all so much!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment